Adopted: Tasha joined us in June, 2018 and we then foster failed Mishka in July, 2019
Dog’s former name: Both girls kept their SAB names
What are the best things about your dog?
They are SO smart; sometimes too smart for their own good and unbelievably loyal. They also give “hugs” to the people they love; where they stand on their hind legs and wrap their front legs around your neck. Hugs are over when they say it’s over. They also have a howl that sounds like a whale; it’s been dubbed their “orca call.”
Tell us about your dogs favorite activities, sports or training:
The floofs were bred for winter so anytime they can spend outside in the snow is their favorite. As LGDs, they also love to patrol and monitor the neighborhood.
Do you have any extraordinary adventures or accomplishments?
Tasha was in a fashion show! She loves to model.
How do people react to your “pit bull”?
There’s a lot of stigma around the ovcharka breed as well; if people have heard of the breed they usually assume the dogs are aggressive and unsafe to be around. We enjoy proving them wrong.
Does your dog have any nicknames?
The orca sisters!
FAST FIVE with Tasha AND Mishka
- Food: Piggy or picky? PIGGY. Also, Tash is on a diet and asks that you all send food.
- Dog beds: Sleep on or unstuff? Sleep, but only in the winter. In the summer it’s too hot for beds.
- Travel: Car rides or car sick? Car rides!
- Water: No way or splash all day? Tasha hates it; Mishka will splash all day
- Seasons: A day in the sun or a day in the snow? Snow!!!
Submitted by Christina A.
Did you adopt a Save-a-Bull dog? Click here to share an update with us!