Adopted: October, 2016
Dog’s former name: Hank
What are the best things about your dog?
Everything!! He is the perfect balance of sweet and goofy, affectionate and awkward, dopey and loveable. He truly is the sweetest boy around. He makes us laugh on a daily basis, and always has kisses ready for us.
Tell us about your dogs favorite activities, sports or training:
He loves to be a lap dog – even though he’s close to 80lbs, he thinks he’s only 10lbs. He enjoys chewing on sticks in the yard, playing fetch with a frisbee, removing the squeakers from toys, and playing with puzzle/enrichment games.
Do you have any extraordinary adventures or accomplishments?
He is the only dog of our 3 that has every jumped onto the roof! Our backyard that is fenced in, has a high area with a retaining wall that is only about 4ft below our roof. Murdock was chasing a squirrel and, before he even realized he did it, he was on the roof! Luckily he figured it out quickly and came right back down… Suffice it to say we watch him very closely now 😉
How do people react to your “pit bull”?
Murdock has never encountered someone that didn’t want to say hi to him. He just LOVES people, and he’s always smiling, wagging his tail, and eager to meet new friends. We have never had a negative reaction to him.
Does your dog have any nicknames?
Murdy, Dockers, Doc McStuffins, dirty murdy (because of course it’s my white dog that loves to play in the dirt and mud)
FAST FIVE with Murdock
- Food: Piggy or picky? Piggy, though he is picky only when it comes to frozen kongs – he’s a princess and needs to wait for it to come to room temp before eating it!
- Dog beds: Sleep on or unstuff? He LOVES dog beds and won’t unstuff them, but he loves unstuffing toys!!!
- Travel: Car rides or car sick? CAR RIDES!
- Water: No way or splash all day? Little bit of both… he loves the lake and swimming, but doesn’t like wading in the kiddie pool we keep out in the summer…
- Seasons: A day in the sun or a day in the snow? Sun. All day. Every day.
Submitted by Kim N.
Did you adopt a Save-a-Bull dog? Click here to share an update with us!