Adopted: June, 2019
Dog’s former name: Betsy
What are the best things about your dog?
She is fantastic with the boys. She loves playing with them and is very patient, but has implemented a warning system with the 3 year old, if necessary. It is fun to watch them communicate with each other.
Tell us about your dogs favorite activities, sports or training:
She enjoys walks, especially when we get into the woods. There is definitely some sort of hunting dog mixed in. She routinely clears the yard of squirrels, rabbits, and chipmunks. She has learned if she isn’t barking at them, they don’t get a head start. So far, she has only caught a few mice.
She loves playing tug of war and playing in a toy tent in the back yard with the boys. The 3 of them all get the zoomies together and dive in and out of the tent.
Her other hobby is following our 3 year old around any time he has food since he always drops something. He also holds out his hands so Betsy can clean them for him, even between bites!
Do you have any extraordinary adventures or accomplishments?
Betsy has a hard time meeting new dogs. However, this is now only when she is on a leash. If we bring her somewhere, or have another dog at our place we can just let her loose and everything goes great!
How do people react to your “pit bull”?
Most people have no idea she is a pit bull since she is so slender. We have encountered some when told she is a pit bull have their whole demeanor change. However, normal people just comment on how friendly and pretty she is.
Does your dog have any nicknames?
Bets, Betsy Boo
FAST FIVE with Betsy
- Food: Piggy or picky? Piggy when it comes to table scraps, picky when it comes to dog food.
- Dog beds: Sleep on or unstuff? Unstuff.
- Travel: Car rides or car sick? Nervous and excited about where we are going.
- Water: No way or splash all day? No way. When the kiddie pool or any water is outside she is hiding in the garage.
- Seasons: A day in the sun or a day in the snow? She loves to sun outside, but gets crazy zoomies when there is fresh snow.
Submited by Ben and Samantha K.
Did you adopt a Save-a-Bull dog? Click here to share an update with us!