Adopted: June, 2019
Dog’s former name: Albert
What are the best things about your dog?
Albert (Alby) is the best cuddler and biggest love bug around! He loves his fur sister, Merona, and human siblings too!
Tell us about your dogs favorite activities, sports or training:
Albert loves going to the dog park with his fur sister, Merona and tries to keep up. He also discovered swimming and jumped right in to the lake off the dock at the cabin! He also loves digging in trash cans and knows how to open trash can lids as well as doors. Mom and Dad have since invested in a dog proof trash can!
Do you have any extraordinary adventures or accomplishments?
Albert has had quite an eventful first year! Although the vet is unsure how, he ruptured the ACLs of both back legs. He had surgery on the first knee in March and is doing great! He goes to physical therapy and gets regular checkups at the vet. Thankfully, he is off activity restrictions for now and can enjoy the outdoors and summer. The vet said we can plan on fall for surgery on his other leg.
How do people react to your “pit bull”?
I don’t think Albert has met any human or animal he isn’t completely in love with! Albert did a 5k walk for arthritis with Mom last year and got multiple compliments on his friendly demeanor and that Alby is helping break the stereotype of pitbulls being aggressive dogs.
Does your dog have any nicknames?
Alby, Albs, Albsters, Thicker than a Snicker, Sugar Plum
FAST FIVE with Albert
- Food: Piggy or picky? Piggy-he will take pills without anything and loves veggies and fruits
- Dog beds: Sleep on or unstuff? Sleep on!
- Travel: Car rides or car sick? LOVES car rides and peaking his head out the sun roof
- Water: No way or splash all day? Splash all day! We even bought him his own kiddy pool.
- Seasons: A day in the sun or a day in the snow? A day in the sun. One of his favorite past times is laying on his belly on the warm sidewalk.
Submitted by Sarah S.
Did you adopt a Save-a-Bull dog? Click here to share an update with us!