As we’ve had to say goodbye to event after event, and the fundraising that goes along with them, we’re very much looking forward to the end of this corona virus madness. We’ll hold the annual Save-a-Bull Garage Sale later this summer and we need to KILL IT to make up for the money lost to this down time.
If you’re stuck at home #socialdistancing, now is a perfect time to tackle that dreaded task of cleaning out your closet, spare room, basement, junk drawer, attic, or garage…then set aside items you want to part with and plan to donate them to our efforts!
What can we use?
Anything you would be comfortable giving to a friend or family member to use, or that you would use yourself:
• Usable linens – towels, sheets, blankets, comforters, tablecloths, placemats, fabric
• Clothes in GOOD shape (limit one bag, name brand/designer preferred)
• Small working appliances
• Costume jewelry
• Household items without cracks, chips or stains
• Sports equipment in working order
• Toys that are intact
• Books – in good condition (limit one box)
• DVDs, CDs, video games
• Electronic items that work
• Glasses and dishware
• Home decor
• Kids and baby items
• Beer and sports memorabilia
• Seasonal items
• Garden tools
• Designer clothes, shoes and handbags
• Like new/unopened items (no food)
It goes without saying, everything must be CLEAN.
Things we can’t use:
• Used makeup (yuck)
• VHS tapes
• Used undergarments or swim suits
• Used toiletries (again, yuck!)
• Broken appliances
• Old TVs and clunky computer monitors
• Helmets/safety gear
• Dirty items
Sort through your stuff and start a box for donation! Once the personal space bubble has been lifted, and life returns to normal, we’ll start collecting donations. You can even sign up here to get an email when we’ve identified drop off sites, or to arrange for us to come and pick up your loot!
It’s likely that we’ll have all kinds of time to clean, organize and declutter, so we can’t wait to see what treasures you unearth to help rescue raise the much needed money to support our dogs!