We can’t take every dog.
- Please plan ahead if you need to rehome your dog. Last minute, panicked phone calls are common, but we cannot turn on a dime because we don’t have a shelter.
- Save-a-Bull can only take a dog into rescue when we have a vacant foster home for that dog to live.
- If you have no other options for your dog, please complete an Owner Surrender. After we have received the application, we will call or e-mail you back with options, based on information provided in the application.
- Our goal is that every dog go to the best home, but the need far outweighs our resources. We will try to help, but please explore all your options, some are listed below. Selling your dog in a classified ad is dangerous, so please consider any and all other options.
- Please read this ASPCA Article– Before you Rehome Your Dog. If your need is behavior based, we can recommend an action plan. This article provides good advice and resources.
- The Pet Project is a local organization that helps to keep pets and their caregivers together by providing pet food and pet supplies to food shelves. They offer quarterly low-cost vaccination clinics and provide information about other programs that provide reduced-cost veterinary care.
- My Pitbull Is Family provides pitbull friendly housing options in cities across the country.