Save-A-Bull Surrender FAQ
We Can’t Take Every Surrendered Dog.
- Please plan ahead if you need to rehome your dog. Last minute, panicked phone calls are common, but unfortunately we cannot mobilize volunteers fast enough because we don?t have a shelter. Save-A-Bull can only take a new dog when we have a vacant foster home for the pet to live.
- Save-A-Bull can assist in the process if you are willing to complete an Application to Surrender. After we have received the application, we will call or e-mail you back with options, based on information provided in the application.
- Our goal is that every dog go to the best home. Selling your dog in a classified ad is dangerous, so please fill out the application. If we are not able to assist you, there are other resources available.
- Please read this ASPCA Article– Before you Rehome Your Dog. If your need is behavior based, we can recommend an action plan. This article provides good advice and resources.
- The Pet Project is a local organization that helps to keep pets and their caregivers together by providing pet food and pet supplies to food shelves. They offer quarterly low-cost vaccination clinics and provide information about other programs that provide reduced-cost veterinary care.
- My Pitbull Is Family provides pitbull friendly housing options in cities across the country.